Monday, March 31, 2014

Author Event - Arp Elem.

I went to Arp Elementary this past Friday (March 28th) an had so much fun. I talked with 2nd grade through 5th about my books, writing techniques, imagination, and how I came up with the idea for my book. I got some great questions from all the grades and even some of the teachers. One lucky 5th grader even received a free signed copy of my book.
Afterwards, I walked offstage and was bombarded with kids wanting autographs and pictures. I even sold all of the books that I had with me.
Later that day, after I'd taken my leave, the woman who invited me to the school emailed me and said that all the student were writing stories in their free time and that I truly inspired them. It made my day to see the whole elementary affected by my book and I.



No comments:

Post a Comment