Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Speaking Up: Emily's GOD'S NOT DEAD Story

         This has nothing to do with me or my books, HOWEVER, this story really moved me. I am subscribed to the God's Not Dead newsletter and I received an email with the following story in it:
A senior at Missouri State University majoring in social work, Emily was assigned by one of her professors the task of writing state legislature in support of foster care and adoptions by same-sex couples.
Emily respectfully asked for a different assignment—one that wouldn't require her to take a moral stance she didn't believe in. Instead, the professor filed charges with a faculty ethics committee that grilled Emily about her Christian faith for hours. When she refused to back down, they insisted that she sign a contract vowing to "close the gap" between her faith and the social work program, or else, she couldn't graduate.
Once she had her diploma in hand, with the help of Alliance Defending Freedom, Emily took legal action against the school for violating her freedom of religious expression.

I commend Emily for sticking to her faith when it was tested.

~Tristen Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment